Clothes Rack Limited ("we" or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (as amended) (the “Acts”), the data controller is Clothes Rack Limited of 7 Brooklawn, Strandville Avenue East, Clontarf, D03 R4R0.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1.1 Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in details on pages or forms on our Site, by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to a service available via the Site, place an order on our Site, enter a competition, participate in a promotion, survey or loyalty programme, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site (to the extent made available by us) and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number and payment card information.
- 1.1.2 Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information: (a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; (b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products and / or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
1.2 Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this case you will be informed when such data is collected that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our Site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
3. USES MADE IF THE INFORMATION
3.1 We use information held about you in the following ways.
- 3.1.1 Information you give to us: We may use this information: (a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; (b) to provide you with information about other goods and services that may be of interest to you, subject to your applicable consents and preferences; (c) to notify you about changes to our services; (d) to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; (e) to administer the loyalty programmes; and (f) to check for and monitor any payment or related fraud.
- 3.1.2 Information we collect about you We will use this information: (a) to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; (b) to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device; (c) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; (d) as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; (e) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and (f) to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
3.2 Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1 We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Act 1963 (as amended).
- 4.2 We may share your information with selected third parties including: (a) business partners, product and services suppliers (including our card payment processors) and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; (b) advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and (c) analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- 4.4 Disclosure or transfer under clause 4.3(a) or clause 4.3(b) above will not alter your rights in respect of the use that can be made of personal data by the successor or acquiring third party.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 5.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by personnel operating outside the EEA that work for us or for one of our suppliers or sub-contractors. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of orders you submit, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfer, storing and processing. In such circumstances we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- 5.2 Where you have chosen (or where we have given you) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 5.3 Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site which you transmit at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply procedures and use security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- 6.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6.2 You have the right to request a copy of your data currently held by us. You may also have the right to rectify, block or erase your personal data to the extent that it is inaccurate. Subject to applicable law, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data as soon as practicable. There may be a charge for such a request (which will not be higher than an amount permitted by applicable law, currently €6.35). We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. Any queries in relation to personal data should be sent to: email@example.com
- 6.3 If your personal data held by us is inaccurate, you should inform us in writing and we will make the necessary amendments, erase or block the relevant personal data as requested by you and notify you within 40 days of such request that the relevant action has been taken. All such requests should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. LINKED WEBSITES
- 7.1 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or policies. Please check the applicable policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
8. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to this Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes this Privacy Statement.